At Charleston Federal Credit Union, we offer many different types of accounts, suiting needs of all different kinds. Check out some of what we offer below:
Our savings account is the primary account and is paying .15% APY. The initial deposit required to open the account is $27 ($25 minimum balance and a one time $2 opening fee)
Certificate of Deposit
When you invest in a Certificate Of Deposit, your money will earn a highly competitive interest rate. Since you lock in the rate for the entire term of you Certificate Of Deposit, this is an excellent way to boost your savings yields without the risk of market fluctuations
For members wanting a higher return, we also have 3, 6, 12, 18 and 24 month Share Certificates. See our rate sheet for the current investment rates.
Christmas and Vacation Club Accounts
Our Club Accounts allow you to save gradually for any type of annual expense. With regular contributions and competitive dividends, your nest egg will grow quickly and easily.
- Our vacation club is paying .25% APY and can be opened at any time.
- There is a 3 withdrawal per calendar year limit, after the third withdrawal there is a $5 fee.
- The Christmas club begins in October and pays out at the beginning of the following October.
- The current APY is 1.00% and a maximum monthly deposit of $500.
- There is a $10 withdrawal fee for early withdrawals
Low-cost loans are one of the greatest benefits of credit union membership.
- Once you have been a member for 90 days you will be eligible for an unsecured loan.
- Secured loans (i.e. shares pledged, car) are available immediately.
- Please give us a call for the current rates and terms.
Share Draft (Checking)
Our Checking Accounts give you all the features you want in a checking account, without the fees and hassles you’ll find at other financial institutions.
- Accounts are interest bearing with a yield of .05% APY.
- No minimum balance requirements
- No monthly fees
- No per-transaction fees
- Easy-to-reconcile monthly statements and E-statements
As you will note in the disclosure there are some fees that could apply but are only assessed for extraordinary services. You will receive a monthly statement on your checking account but canceled checks are not returned to you. You can also access your account via the internet. Simply give the credit union a call and we will set you up for this free service.
Visa Debit Card
This convenient, two-in-one card adds even more convenience to you CFCU membership! Use it as an Debit Card cash advances, balance inquiries, and more, 24 hours a day. Or use it as a debit card for swipe-and-go purchases anywhere, VISA is accepted. It works just like a check – only easier.
Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction
Money management is simple and automatic with these two free services:
Direct Deposit – Your paycheck, Social Security check, pension or government payment can be electronically deposited directly into your credit union account. With Direct Deposit your money is available sooner, and you’ll never have to worry about a lost or stolen check.
Payroll Deduction – This great service lets you specify a portion of your paycheck to be deposited into different accounts, enabling you to save or pay back loans automatically.
Debit Service – With a Debit card from CFCU, you can perform transactions at any Alliance 1 network across the country. Your Debit card gives you 24-hour account access, so you’ll never have to wait for business hours again!
Complete Automotive Coverage – In addition to the best Auto Loans in town, we offer additional services to help make your driving experience worry-free:
- GAP Insurance – In case your vehicle is stolen or totaled in an accident, GAP Insurance covers the difference between your loan balance and your insurance payoff.
Free Notary Services